I bought something from Amazon.com and once I hit "submit" it took me to a page where this lady started instant messaging me. I thought it might be about my order, that is why I stayed on so long. I thought it was so funny that I thought I would share:
Carly Says: Hi Cher, thank you for your order today. As a special reward, you're eligible to claim a $25 Wal-Mart Gift Card as a member of At Home Rewards Plus! Plus, you can try this program today FREE for 7 days!
Carly Says: Whenever you are ready Cher, just type 'HI' or 'HELLO' and we can get started...
You: hi
Carly Says: With At Home Rewards Plus you can get up to 20% savings on gift cards pre-purchased through At Home Rewards Plus for popular stores including Sears, Kmart, Circuit City, Ace Hardware, Sam Goody, Bed Bath & Beyond and more!
Carly Says: You can also take advantage of savings on home decorating, home entertainment and home improvement.
You: no thanks
Carly Says: After the 7-day free trial (which doesn't start until you receive your materials!), the membership fee is just $14.95 per month.
Carly Says: For your convenience, At Home Rewards Plus will automatically charge the card you used today the $14.95 membership fee after the trial period and then each month thereafter at the then-current monthly membership fee just as long as you remain a member.
Carly Says: And At Home Rewards Plus comes with our guarantee -- you can call to cancel at any time and you'll no longer be charged.
You: I do not want to join. Thanks for the offer
Carly Says: If you do want to cancel, just call us toll-free at the number provided in your membership materials during the FREE 7-day trial period and you will owe NOTHING.
Carly Says: This membership is not required to complete your website order... it is a separate program.
You: yeah, I don't want to do it
Carly Says: So , with your approval under the terms I just described, I'll activate your free 7-day trial to At Home Rewards Plus (which doesn't start until you receive the materials) and email you the membership materials with details on how to claim your $25 Wal-Mart Gift Card, OKAY?
You: I have said no three times.
Carly Says: I just want to make sure that you understand, you will receive an email with your membership materials in the next business day, look them over and even try it out.
Carly Says: If you feel like it is not something you can use, just call 1-800-511-0046 to cancel anytime within 7-days and you won't owe a thing-it's that simple!
You: I want to cancel now.
Carly Says: To cancel At Home Rewards Plus, simply call 1-800-511-0046. It's that easy!
You: I don't want to try anything for 7 days
Carly Says: Okay, no problem, I'll note that you have declined the offer and you will NOT be enrolled. Thanks for your time and have a good day!
You: thank you
Carly Says: To end this chat, simply click on the 'X' on the upper right corner of this window. Have a great day!
Carly Says: You will not be enrolled in this trial offer program, thank you and have a nice day :)
3 comments:
Seriously, Carly? What part of "No" do you not understand?!!
That has happened to me! They're sneaky...
ha ha ha ha ha hah a hahah h ah ah ah a hLOL ha hah ah ah a hlol ah hah ahha h ahah hah ah ahha haha hahah!!!!!
Post a Comment