Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day 2008


Here are a few pictures from Memorial Day. It is a great time to remember our ancestors and their lives and try to be more like them as we carry on the family name and legacy.


My family at my dad's parent's grave in Spanish Fork




My family standing around my mom's father's grave in Orem. Every year we go around and say things that we remember about Grandpa so the little kids will know what a great man he was. This year we didn't do it, but in years past, my Grandma has us say all the nice things about her now so she can hear them while she is alive.


The big picture of everyone!


This is the grave of my grandma's aunt. The aunt left $2000 for my grandma and so every year we stop in Sandy to leave flowers as a thank you for her inheritance. A few years ago there became an added incentive to go to this cemetery. Now you can get a free hot dog and drink. I don't think most of the kids know why we even go to that cemetery except to get a snack.


The free hot dogs and drinks!


It started raining at my grandma's parent's grave. Most of the grandkids remember our great-grandpa because he lived to be 97.
President and Sister Hinckley's grave in SLC


4 comments:

kristib said...

I wish I could have been there. I'm not sure if I've been back to Grandpa's grave since his funeral. Earl

kristib said...

I am looking forward to living closer to family after we move...I'm jealous that you are able to be with your family so often, especially on special occasions. Kristi

Clegg Family said...

How neat that you stopped by President & Sister Hinckely's graves - what a neat experience. I love the big family picture - what a neat tradition that everyone comes to. Looks like you have a fabulous family!

Lila said...

you said so many things i admired and laughed at but my favorite is your mememorial day tradition for the younger folks. genius.