Monday, May 19, 2008

Who Moved My Cheese?


Last Tuesday, I was asked to take slices of cheese for sandwiches for a church activity. I was running late after work so I just stopped at Smith's and got a package. By the time Julie and I got to the activity they didn't really need the cheese so someone put it in the fridge. After the activity I got my cheese out of the fridge and put it on top of all of the handouts I had received and put everything in the backseat of my car. On the way home I had to stop suddenly for a train crossing. Some of the handouts slid on the floor. I took the handout pile in the house and didn't think anything about the cheese.


On Wednesday, Julie and I went to Target (my first time without a scooter) and I decided to buy fixins' for sandwiches since I had some sliced cheese at home. Luncheon meat, soft rolls, shredded lettuce, expensive tomatoes etc.

On Thursday, I quickly grabbed all of the sandwich fixins' and threw them in a grocery sack to take to work. Just in case my co-workers needed a sandwich. I couldn't find the cheese, but I didn't have time to look for it so I just left. The sandwiches were very yummy.

On Friday, I ate a sandwich again at work and when I got home I looked all over the fridge for the cheese. It was finally at this point that I decided that it was lost. I looked in my bedroom to see if it was in between all of the handouts I had received. Nope.


Finally, it dawned on me. Late on Friday night, I took a flashlight out to the car and looked under the driver seat of the car and there it was partially hidden under the floor mat. I think it was cooked cheese by then because it had been sitting in the hot car for 3 something days. So much for the cheese....

2 comments:

Tawna said...

EEWww...that doesn't sound appetizing at all!

Clegg Family said...

The cheese part sounds disgusting, but I can vouch for the yummy sandwiches we ate at work...minus the cooking cheese!