Wednesday, April 30, 2008

So, what are you in here for?

I have been going to physical therapy for a few weeks now and it really seems to be helping. I talked to a friend yesterday who is around 60 years old and he said it is the only place where small women can make grown men cry.
It kind of makes me think of prison for one reason. When I see people, I want to ask them, so, what are you in here for? I always wonder what other people are there for. Even though it is probably none of my beeswax, I still wonder. I finally asked a lady who was swimming next to me in the pool and she told me, knee replacement. I guess people are happy to tell you when you ask, it is not like prison where they did something bad and you have to watch your back. It is almost like it should say on the back of your shirt or a sign on your forehead-- herniated disk in my back. Then people wouldn't wonder why I am still using the motorized scooters at Target or why I park in the handicap stalls. Since I don't have a cast or bandage I bet people think I am faking it. Although depending on the time of day I could be hunched over or my face is wincing in pain. But, if someone at physical therapy ever asks me, so, what are you in here for, I will know that I am not the only one who wonders....

2 comments:

Within These Walls said...

I'm glad to hear physical therapy is working! I hope it keeps getting better!

Tawna said...

haha, I love it..."What are you in for?" thats too funny! Glad that the physical therapy is helping though.