Saturday, April 19, 2008

Purses, paintings, churros and a whole lot more

After much anticipation, I finally got to attend the Orange County Swap Meet. Otherwise known as the marketplace. It is 4 miles of vendors in a really big parking lot. They sell everything there! Perfume, Chinese umbrellas, scrapbook supplies, couches, paintings, sunglasses, any kind of toiletry item, purses, beef jerky, luggage, golf carts, trillions of cell phone covers and a whole lot more. I rented a wheelchair and that really helped my back, but poor Julie had to push me around. Her arms got an unwelcome workout. Of course I bought two purses made out of seat belts. I couldn't resist. Julie just shakes her head at the number of purses I have. (I use all of them!!!) We were told that the marketplace sells the best churros ever. As I was eating my half of the big churro I noticed that it was made out of whole wheat dough. I don't think it helps the nutritional value of the item. Heck, it is covered in cinnamon and sugar! I did like trying all of the samples in the Farmers Market area.

At the entrance of the Orange Co. Marketplace

Julie with her new paintings

2 comments:

Julie said...

Artwork to me is what a purse is to Cherilyn.

Tawna said...

Love the trip pictures. Looks like so much fun!! Makes me dream of warmer weather and blue skied summers!

PS, I saw you with the seatbelt purse and I was going to tell you I liked it and then I totally forgot....way cute! HOw much did you pay for it?