Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Was that a hurricane or a tornado?

So, last night around 7 p.m. the power flickered on and off about 4 times and then went out for good. That made the decision to go to Institute class very easy. As we drove up there, lots of tree branches and leaves were all over the road. When we drove home it was interesting to see all of the restaurants and stores closed early because they didn't have any electricity. It was really scary going up to our apartment in the pitch black and I used my blackberry as a flashlight. My lantern was useful as I sat at the kitchen table writing and then when I read in my room. I didn't start getting restless until I was trying to sleep and it was so toasty in our third floor apartment without air conditioning or fans. Finally the power came on at 3 a.m. and I immediately turned on my fan. Since I didn't sleep very well, it was hard to get up and I missed staff meeting at work. Julie didn't sleep at all. The street sweepers were out in full force and everyone was picking up tree branches. Sheesh, that was quite a storm.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow we just posted identical entries! It's fun when the power's out but not when you're trying to sleep!