I went to my heart doctor on Friday. I was there for 3 hours. I found out that the tissue in my heart has not completely grown over the helix device. Apparently it takes longer to heal than the other device that Julie had. That would have been good information to know about 4 months ago. Before my surgery, my blood flow through the hole (5 being the worst) was 4. Now it is zero. That is good news. When I would blow into a straw, before the surgery it was 5+. Now it is 4. At first I was really depressed that it wasn't healing after 4 months. Then the doctor told me that is normal and could take up to a year to heal.
I can tell that I have more bursts of energy, but I am still really tired. I still don't sleep well, but that probably has nothing to do with the hole in the heart. I haven't had migraines, but I occasionally get headaches if I don't eat or drink. My next check-up is at the year mark in March 2011. Julie and I still share our stories with everyone we meet. We now carry the doctor's business card with us. Last week 2 people we know went to that doctor. If we can save one person from having unnecessary headaches or a stroke, it is worth it. It has saved our lives.
2 comments:
such good news even though it's not exactly what you want to be happening but it's a relief as your friend to hear the progress. i love your guts and hope to continue to hear good news. ;) xoxo
You should write a power ballad entitled "The Hole in My Heart Won't Heal."
It'd go platinum.
Post a Comment