Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Non-holey heart update
I had my one month follow up appointment with the doctor last week. The nurse did an echocardiogram on me and it looks like the helix device has stayed in place. The tissue around the device will not be grown over for another 2 months, but is healing nicely so far. Then they will do a bubble echocardiogram and see if any bubbles can still get through the hole or if it has been completely shut. I was told that all bans have been lifted and I can resume with "normal" life. Except I still can't go to the dentist. This appointment relieved a lot of the fears I was having. I thought that maybe since I still had a cough after the surgery that I may have dislodged the device, but I didn't. I am feeling a lot better. I can tell that I have more energy and I don't feel as fatigued. I am still having trouble with sleeping, but that will come. Happy day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That's good everything is on track. I wish I didn't have to go to the dentist :(
Listening to Conference always helps me sleep ;)
i love this news! ;) love you.
YAY!! I am so glad you're feeling so much better. And more energy?! I'm so happy for you. XOXO
That is GREAT news! I'm very glad to hear it!
I am so glad that you are feeling better because we have always thought of you as "Cherilyn-a-barreling" because you can get so much done. Love, Mom
Post a Comment