Thursday, August 20, 2009

Therapy is Good

I am a firm believer of therapy. Retail therapy, massage therapy, pedicure therapy, sleep therapy, food therapy, haircut therapy, travel therapy and chocolate therapy. How can you go wrong? These are the kinds of therapy that keep me going.

Sometimes I just need to get out of town so I can have a "time out". I love driving up Parleys Canyon and the thrill I feel when I get to the Tanger Outlets....it always makes me feel better.
Massage therapy is fantastic! Sometimes Julie and I go to the UCMT on the two for one Saturdays and there is nothing like having all of those stress knots massaged out. You feel like a brand new person.

I love getting my hair washed by someone else. I lay back in the sink and close my eyes and let all my cares slide down the drain. Since my hair grows like a weed (I water it every morning in the shower and it grows) I have to get my hair cut every 5 or so weeks.


Sleep therapy. If I don't have sleep I'm no good. Seriously. I have had insomnia for a long time and when my boss, a few years back, suggested ambien, you know it is bad. My dad just installed a new ceiling fan in my room and now it is much cooler and it helps me sleep better.



Travel therapy gives me something to look forward to. Going to new places and trying new food. This also falls under the educational therapy category.




Chocolate therapy speaks for itself. It always helps


What kind of therapy do you like?

2 comments:

Gingyroo said...

I love all of your forms of therapy, and I heartily concur. The therapies that I would add are:
cooking therapy
piano playing therapy
movie therapy
and reading a page-turner-book therapy.

Lila said...

I love:
*reading creative friends words is love therapy
*watching reality t.v. is distraction from real life stress therapy
*if someone is thoughful towards me is another love therapy
*when my husband volunteers to scratch my continuously itchy back is true love therapy.
*agree with the page turner book therapy
*family therapy (self explainatory)
*making someone else feel good about themselves b/c of how i made them look/feel.
...