Friday, August 15, 2008

To Be or Not To Be

On July 23, 2008, Julie and I made our annual pilgrimage down to Cedar City for the Shakespearean Festival. We attended Cyrano, Fiddler on the Roof, Taming of the Shrew and Two Gentleman from Verona. All of the plays were excellent! We stayed with our cousin Greg and his wife Caitlin. We had a fabulous time and appreciated their hospitality.

Greg & Caitlin attended Fiddler on the Roof with us.

On Pioneer Day, Julie and I checked out the Cedar City festivities. Here is a dunking booth at the park. Nobody could hit the release button, so after they threw the balls, everyone ran up and hit the button so the person would go in the water. It was pretty hot, so I bet they appreciated it.

Julie is very sad that she can play on the bouncy house because she is not 5 years old.

This is Eli, he is the son of our cousin, Brad and Erin. He is a cutie!

This is the first In 'N' Out Burger in Utah!

Julie and I with Greg and Caitlin at Tuachan in St. George.
We saw Les Miserables. It was awesome! The singing and acting were superb!

We are waiting for the play to start. It was ghastly hot! I'm sure the theater sold 1,000 frozen lemonades. They couldn't sell them fast enough! It took a while for everyone to stand up for the standing ovation because we were sticking to the seats.




The outdoor Green Show at the Shakespearean Festival

Enjoying the Green Show

Julie relaxing outside. The shade was nice!



2 comments:

Within These Walls said...

It sounds like a very fun weekend! We have gotten to see Eli yet :( Have you seen Greg and Cailtlin's blog? It's greaitlin.blogspot.com

Tawna said...

I love the Shakespearean Festival...I haven't been there in a long time, but so much fun!! Looks like you guys had an awesome time!

Yah for the IN-N-0UT Burger in Utah!!!!