Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Independence Day 2008

Happy 4th of July. Of course we all went to the Freedom Festival Parade in Provo. Thanks to my dad, Rebecca, Gary and Craig for getting up at 4:30 a.m. to go save us a shady spot. The weather was perfect. I expected it to be pretty hot, but it was actually pleasant.


I'm not sure if I would want to be called Miss Onion...


Here is the whole gang

Here is Grandma Bushman, Mom and Dad. Maddi didn't care for the
loud noises and plugged her ears most of the parade.


After a while, Maddi warmed up and liked the parade


The relatives always know that we go to the parade and come by and visit. This is my mom's cousin, Darrell and his wife and daughter

My totally rockin' sisters


Stadium of Fire! Ok, I didn't go because of Miley Cyrus. In fact, I only recognized one song. Glenn Beck was great and the Blue Man Group was okay. The pre-show was my favorite part. The sky divers, the jet fly-over etc. The not so fun part was the fireworks falling on us. Note to self: don't wear a white shirt when you are sitting under a fireworks show
It was pretty cool how the banners came down over the crowd


The huge American flag was held by troops that just returned from the Middle East


Check out the boy on the second row on the left. He was very enthusiastic and entertaining




1 comment:

kristib said...

Our 4th wasn't our best ever, although we did go to the Auburn city party across the street from our house. We had to leave early and I ended up watching fireworks by myself while Earl and the kids went to the airport to pick up my father-in-law. Just not the same, ya know? Glad yours was so fun though. I'm jealous about Stadium of Fire!