Here is a rundown of the fun things I have done lately:
May 31--Julie and I attended the "Best in State" Gala at the Salt Palace. It was fun to get dressed up. Julie won an award for the magazine she edits.
June 2--I was invited to attend a Family Home Evening for my former ward with all of the "alumni". It was great to see some friends that I had not seen for a while.
June 3--Julie and I had tickets to go to "Stomp" at the Capitol Theater. I have always heard about the show and this was my big chance to see it. I have decided that the whole concept of "Stomp" came from kids not wanting to do their chores and instead trying to make sounds with their "instruments". Brooms, garbage cans, pots and pans, mops, folding chairs, water bottles and other things. It was really fascinating to see how they could make sounds out of ordinary household items.
June 7--I went with a bunch of friends to my first ReAL Soccer game at Rice-Eccles Stadium. I was so excited to sit outside and enjoy the game. My excitement soon turned to frustration. It is June, why am I sitting here with a coat, gloves and blanket? It was freezing. I got to see a lot of running around, but no scoring.
June 14--Maddi's fun birthday party
I have continued to go to physical therapy and pool therapy for my back. I think my back is getting stronger, but if I wear heels for more than 3 hours (church) or walk or sit too much, my back is not happy. I am pretty excited that I have made it up to 10 minutes on the treadmill. I have been doing my exercises at home. You know me, I had to make a chart. A family friend, B. Cleverly once said "that which can be measured, can be improved" So on my chart I listed all of my exercises that I am suppose to do on a daily basis and then I chart how many repetitions or how many seconds I do each exercise. I have also started wearing my pedometer again. It gives me a good idea of how much I need to walk during the day and if I am improving.
Now that I don't think it is March anymore and we have skipped to June, I have really enjoyed the weather. Let me clarify, my favorite time of day is when the sun has gone down and it is still light outside. Between 7-10 pm. My least favorite time is in the morning in my third floor apartment with the vents on the ceiling and the air conditioning trying to cool the apartment off and not succeeding. I usually have a fan on me at all times while I am getting ready, but to no avail. I am sweating to death by the time I walk out the door to go to work.
Anyway, I have spent a lot of time at my parent's house because they have lawn chairs and a hammock in their nicely manicured backyard. Hammocks are my favorite. So relaxing. Swinging in the hammock makes me think that I don't have a care in the world and if I had a drink with an umbrella in it, I would be in heaven. It is so quiet in their backyard. No sirens, no drunk people yelling at each other, no construction across the street, no skateboards etc. Just the birds and the breeze through the leaves. I love it. The other night I was out there so long that my mom came out at 10 pm to find out if I was still alive since I had been out there so long and it was dark. Try a hammock, you'll like it.
2 comments:
Hammocks are my favorite!!! Derek and I actually both have one...and one of these days, I will have a place to hang at least one of them up!! I love to use them when camping though...nice afternoon naps in the shade of a nice big pine tree!!
I have seen Stomp twice and LOVED it! I would go again in a second. I'm jealous...
I might have missed it on your blog (I've been a bit out of the loop during the move), but what happened to your back? I hope you're feeling better soon. k
Post a Comment