Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Flamingos, monkeys and a baby panda

A few months ago, Julie and I bought non-refundable airplane tickets to California. We wanted to go after the legislative session and bill signing period was over and Julie was in between deadlines. Even though my back is still not better I decided to go and take it easy. Here are some pictures from the trip.

We visited the San Diego Zoo and I called ahead and found out they rent "jazzy" chairs. It was the best money I spent on the trip! I didn't realize how big that zoo was and there are so many hills and steep inclines. A manual wheelchair would of been impossible.
Just havin' a snack

Julie & I on the sky ride

I think I speak for all of us in the group when I say that the baby panda was our favorite part. I think baby animals are so cute and fun to watch. The line to walk by the attraction was pretty long.

Attempting to climb a tree This isn't so hard
um, can anyone help me?

You can probably guess that I completely skipped the reptile house.

1 comment:

Laura Bradford said...

LOL! Love the wheelchair!