Monday, March 24, 2008
What flu shot???
Back in October I got a flu shot with high hopes of a flu free season. I know there are different kinds of flu etc., but I have just been sick for the fourth time. For the past 6 years if I get a flu shot, I don't get sick. This does not include my pesky migraines and insomnia. I was doing really well this week until I felt a tickle in my throat on Wednesday. By the time I woke up on Friday I had a full blown frog in my throat and he brought his friends. It was great. I would lay in bed and start coughing so I would sit up and my nose would run. Back and forth. If it wasn't one thing, it was another. I didn't go to work on Friday because I was so sick and I thought I should be socially responsible. My aunt and uncle from California were in town and I couldn't go visit with them. I slept for 12 hours on Friday night which helped immensely. Saturday I missed the annual pinewood derby with Julie's ward and then missed the family Easter egg hunt and dinner. Being sick is very lonely and I used a whole box of kleenex. On Sunday I felt a lot better and I was determined to go to church. Afterall, it was Easter. I took a water bottle and sucked on cough drops the whole three hours. Nobody suspected anything. No shaking hands. Whenever I'm feeling sick I just wear more make-up and a "cute" outfit. Then I look like a million bucks...in the hole.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment