This was an interesting week:
Sunday: I went to a family fireside and watched a documentary about Lehi and his family leaving Jerusalem. It was very good.
Monday: Julie and I went to a stake family home evening and help make 9,000 baby hats for the LDS Humanitarian Center.
Tuesday: I sat on the couch and ate Dove chocolates while I watched the contestants exercise on the Biggest Loser show.
Wednesday: Julie and I went with some friends to the Capitol Theater to see the Cinderella ballet. You know it is going to be a good show when the ugly stepsisters are men.
Thursday: My original plan was to go to an "all girls" party and celebrate "Single Awareness Day" but at the last minute Julie was given 4 tickets to the Jim Brickman concert at Kingsbury Hall. My mom made us a fabulous dinner at our apartment and then we all went to the concert. It didn't matter that Julie and I were the only ones there without a date. It was an excellent concert and I even bought a CD.
Friday: For Christmas my parents gave me an iTunes gift card and so I tried to find songs from movies that I really like. Such as the laser dance from Oceans 12, the opening song in the Devil Wears Prada and the song in Sun Valley Serenade (Lisa, I got that one just for you!).
Saturday: I slept in late and then tried to get up to clean the house. It didn't last long and I had to lay down on a heating pad for 2 1/2 hours because my back and left leg really hurt. For the past three weeks I have been wearing a flat shoe on my left foot so it is the same height as my lovely "boot" on my right sprained foot. I guess my left leg is still compensating for the sprained foot and my left leg is in extreme pain. After 800 mg. of ibupropen I felt okay to go down to Provo for some yummy food at the Brickoven and then the BYU basketball game. It was a fun game, but by the end I could barely walk.
Sunday: This morning I decided that I was in so much pain that I went to the ER instead of church. I had the same doctor in the same room as 3 weeks ago when I sprained my foot. I was concerned that I had a blood clot in my leg or if I had a slipped disk in my back. Luckily it was neither of those. The doctor said I had a choice, I could wear two normal shoes and have a sprained foot or wear the "boot" and have my back and leg hurt. I decided I would rather have a sprained foot. The best part is when I went to check out and the guy at the desk asked if I was the one that jumped off the window sill. I almost said no, but I confessed I was. I was surprised he remembered me. Last time I was wearing a black suit and my hair was combed. This time I was in my jammies with bedhead. I guess I left an impression on him.
To sum up: It was a good concert, a bad leg and an ugly stepsisters kind of week.
5 comments:
Let's hope that this week is a better one!
I have too many daughters who are sick or having medical issues.
MOM
Wow What a week! I hope you feel better soon. Back pain is no fun. Dove chocolate is the best!
Thanks for the link to your blog! I was excited to see what you have been up to. That is so sad about your foot, yet I can totally see you jumping off the window!!
After the session, we should do lunch :)
Uh... I don't have any medical issues MOM (my headaches are gone!)! Cherilyn, You are my favorite sister this week. I think i'm going to start having favorite sister week and do a contest. I mean gosh, i have four! and one of my coworkers thinks you're the bomb!
Hey Cherilyn! Sorry you're out sick today...we miss you here at work. I'm not sure if the session can even go on without you!
Post a Comment