Last Friday, I did the funnest thing. Julie took me to Walmart and I got to ride around in one of those motorized chairs with the basket in the front. It was so much fun! It only went about .002 miles per hour, but it did beep when I put the motor into reverse. It was really fun when I discovered that the chair had a horn. I had great pleasure in going "beep, beep" every time I went past Julie in the store. I haven't had that much fun in a while. You are probably wondering why I go to Walmart to ride on the motorized chairs that are only reserved for those who need them. Well, I was one of those people. I sprained my foot last Tuesday and I can't walk very well. I'm not very good with crutches. Here are the three possible scenarios of what could have happened:
1. I was chasing the ice cream truck until I tripped on a snow bank (after all it is winter time and no one sees a ice cream truck in the winter)
2. I was running from a cute guy and I thought I should let him catch me so I pretended to fall and then really did.
3. I tried to open a window at work by getting up on the 3 foot window sill and then jumped down and landed wrong on my foot.
Which one do you think it is? Number one would be good since I do like ice cream, but that is not the right answer. Number 2...has anyone EVER seen that happen? I didn't think so. You are right, it was number 3. of course it was the dumbest thing that could of happened. It was so stinkin' hot in the new capitol building that I thought I was getting a sunburn. I tried to open the window only to discover that they are sealed shut. My boss offered his hand to help me down and when I refused the chair, I just jumped on the floor. I landed really hard on my right foot and rolled it a little. I didn't realize it for 5 minutes, but it hurt really bad. I tried to suck it up since we were all preparing for the Governor's State of the State speech. I walked around on my foot for the next 5 hours and then to my car, which is not close by, then drove straight to the emergency room. I couldn't put any pressure on my foot so when I was driving I tried to push down on my knee to make my foot push the gas pedal. My left foot maneuvered the brake. After waiting for 3 hours at the hospital, the X-rays came back that I did not break my foot, just sprained it really, really bad. Julie was at the hospital with me and drove me home and I had to leave my car at the hospital since I couldn't drive. Why do all of the stupid things happen to me?
4 comments:
Ok, all I have to say is: Only you. I mean really, getting up on a window sill and then jumping off? Puts my mind to when Laura and I would tie sheets to our ankles and wrists and jump off the roof onto the tramp. Whoops, does Mom read your blog often? Anyhoo, back to you. What are you three? You and Maddi should start a club, she has a little stool she has next to the toilet and she ALWAYS jumps up, and then jumps down. Two peas in a pod I guess...
Oh and another thing, we're you wearing a skirt while doing the afore mentioned jump? Yeah? figures...
Now I start to learn what really happened during my children's childhood! What else should I know?
Mom
LOL! I totally remember tying the sheets together...I think it was so that we could fly!
Anyhow, sorry about your ankle! If you need anyone to help you out i am available after Thursday!
Post a Comment