Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Prairie Schooner

If you want a quiet, but fun evening, the Prairie Schooner is the place to go. The food and atmosphere make the drive to Ogden worth it. When you walk up the front steps and go inside, you think that you are back in the 1850s. As you make your way through the restaurant, there are numerous animals that have been stuffed to give you that prairie feel. Once you get to your "booth" you are seated in a covered wagon. Each table seems like it is in its own little world. You don't have to yell across the table to be heard by your friends. It is quiet and relaxing. There could be a ton of people in the restaurant and you would never know it. When I went, this place was packed, but we couldn't tell in our big covered wagon. The warm bread with butter and honey will make you feel right at home. The deep fried mushrooms will make a mushroom lover out of those who say they cannot be swayed. The steak was cooked to perfection and the yam was ginoromous. The cinnamon butter was so good on the yam that if I would have been alone, I would have licked the plate. The vegetables were nicely steamed and the shrimp had a great flavor. I tried a piece of chicken, and those herbs were the REAL secret recipe. The apple pie with vanilla ice cream was a perfect ending to a fantastic meal. Everyone loved the food and we had a great time. I think this restaurant is ideal for any combination of people who want to share great food with great friends or family.

Prairie Schooner
445 Park Blvd Ogden, UT 84401
http://www.prairieschoonerrestaurant.com/
801-392-2712

1 comment:

Heather said...

That seems like a really great place to go! Too bad we didn't know about that on our way back from Yellowstone. We'll definitely have to try that out someday.