Monday, February 2, 2009

Inauguration Day 2009

On January 5, 2009, Governor Huntsman and the rest of the elected officials from Utah were sworn in during a short ceremony on the State Capitol steps. It was 9 degrees. We had heaters and hand warmers. Here are a few pictures:

The crowd (half of them were tweens waiting to see David Archuleta)

See that red scarf? Mine.


When David Archuleta started singing the national anthem, the wind kicked up and the flag kept hitting him in the face. He handled it well and side stepped a couple of times.


This picture cracks me up. Pres. Monson is staring David down, Rabbi Benny Zippel is lost in thought and the AG is proud to be an American


We had 3 blackhawk helicopters do a fly-over. We were lucky because the clouds started getting lower and they would not of been able to fly if they were too low

The oath on Gov. Huntsman's grandfather's bible (David B. Haight)


Excellent speech. My scarf got a lot of t.v. time


My co-workers...huddling by the heaters, thinking of the hot days of summer


Look how cold David Archuleta looks (We told him to bring a coat)


Pres. Monson giving the closing prayer

4 comments:

jenny said...

Great pictures...but none of you :(

By the way, you did see me there. I wanted to come talk to you, but I was in a bit of a rush. And the ceremony was about to start.

Next time I am down, we should do lunch or something! (I still work for the Partnership once a month, I know, it is a bit random!)

Lila said...

man! your scarf is amazing and famous! can i have it's autograph? ;) lol. evan says he's impressed too (sleeping right now, but told me telepathically). xoxo

Britt said...

Good call giving him that scarf. And that photo of Pres. Monson staring down David made me laugh.

cami said...

You're famous! That's awesome! Great pictures!