
Occasionally instead of using the words "excuse me" I'll just say beep, beep. Julie always laughs when I use the term. I use it a lot in our small kitchen or in other situations etc. I find that it works quite well for me. Last night we took TRAX home from the Jazz game. The train was really crowded. When we got to our stop we were on the opposite side of the door and had to get across before the train left again. Julie said "excuse me" nothing happened. Without thinking I said beep, beep. Everyone moved and we exited the train without incident. Once we got out Julie was laughing that NO ONE moved when she said "excuse me" and everyone moved when I said beep, beep. My point was definitely made and given proof that it worked! Beep! Beep!
2 comments:
Whatever it takes. If people respond quicker to a cartoon character's imitation of a car horn than a (human's) polite request to get by, why not? Earl
That is such a classic...and I'm so jealous you went to the Jazz game.
Post a Comment